Sunday, April 24, 2005

Lemony Snicket's... (DVD)

Rating: Bow Down

VERRRRY true to the books!
I have to say, I'm not a big Jim Carey fan, but I think that he did justice to Count Olaf. They did an AWESOME job with the casting. Even though you'd think that a baby's role isn't that big, the munchkin that played Sunny had great facial expressions that, if you read the books, you could SEE Sunny making.
Another small role that was great to see, was that of Lemony Snicket, himself. I think Jude Law did a great job, and I also like that they never truly showed him. Not to say that I don't LIKE Jude Law, I do! But, in the books, he was just the narrator. So, if they gave Lemony a bigger role, it would have been wrong.
The only thing that I didn't like, was that they said what caused the fire. In the books, he's only HINTED at the fact that it could be Olaf. Lemony's never said outright, that Olaf did it.

Other than THAT...
GREAT MOVIE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home